Table of Contents
- Amazon gift cards never lose their value.
- An Amazon gift card has no expiration date and can be used whenever you want to add money to your account balance.
- Gift cards and account balances from Amazon can only be used to make purchases on the website.
Amazon is one of the easiest services to use on the internet because it functions as a one-stop shop. The availability of gift cards makes Amazon even more accessible. Gift cards do, however, have terms and conditions that frequently include some restrictions, just like any other store or online service.
On its website, Amazon outlines the terms and conditions pertaining to account balances and gift cards. If you live in another country, please visit the local Amazon website as these terms only apply to U.S. customers.
This article will explain how to use an Amazon gift card and address some other queries you might have regarding returns, service exemptions, and other topics.
For more information, simply keep reading!
What is An Amazon Gift Card?
An Amazon gift card is a prepaid card that can be used to buy items from the Amazon website. The cardholder loads the cash value onto their Amazon account, and purchases are applied to the balance until it is exhausted. Gift cards have no expiration date but may incur fees if not used for a while.
Do Amazon Gift Cards Expire If Not Redeemed?
No, even if they are not used, Amazon gift cards never expire. Your Amazon gift card is always redeemable. The gift card can be used to buy items from the Amazon website or app once it has been activated and added to your account balance.
Although Amazon gift cards never expire, it’s a good idea to activate your gift card as soon as you receive it to eliminate any chance of losing or misplacing it.
It is not necessary to use it immediately after redemption. Instead, the money will remain in your gift card’s balance, and you can always use it at the checkout.
Therefore, even if you don’t use the money right away, it will be safe and you won’t run the risk of losing it.
Does the Balance on An Amazon Gift Card Ever Expire?
Gift cards from Amazon don’t expire, though.
As long as the card is in your account, which could be forever if you never use it or just a few months if you do, they are active.
How to Check the Value of Your Amazon Gift Card?
One of the most well-liked and convenient gifting options is Amazon gift cards. Anybody who shops on Amazon can easily receive a gift card that was purchased from Amazon.com.
If you want to check your Amazon gift card balance, you can do so by following these steps:
- Access your Amazon.com account.
- Select the “Your Account” tab located at the top of the page.
- Select “Gift Cards and Promotional Codes” from under “Payment Methods.
- Search for your card and check the number next to “Gift Card Balance”.
- You have an unused gift card if your balance is displayed as 0.
- You have a gift card credited to your account if your balance is positive.
- If your balance shows as “Partial Balance” then you have an adjusted or partial gift card.
How to Redeem An Amazon Gift Card
You can use your gift card to make purchases on a desktop computer or a mobile device after you receive it. Both adhere to a similar process, though it varies a little bit depending on the brand of your device.
If you are redeeming the Amazon card on your mobile, here are the steps you will need to take:
- Open either your Amazon app or the Amazon website on your browser
- Once you log in, navigate to the menu either by clicking on the “Hello” next to the cart or the triple line pop-out menu on the left
- Scroll down until you find the section labeled “Payments”
- Select “Your Payments”
- Scroll past your added payment methods down to where you see “Amazon Gift Card”
- You will then click “Redeem a gift card”
- The value will be loaded into your payment center once you enter your gift card number and pin.
If you would prefer to redeem your gift card on your desktop, here are the steps you’ll need to take:
- Open the Amazon website on your desktop
- Once you sign in, on the right side of the browser, you will see “Hello”, click on “Account” right underneath
- Under the dropdown, click “Account”
- It will navigate you to a page where you will see several options; in the middle of the screen, you will see “Your Payments”
- Once you click on that, you’ll be able to scroll past your saved credit cards to where you see “Amazon Gift Card”
- Click “Redeem a gift card” and enter your card information
Whether you follow these steps on your mobile or desktop, you will find the process similar and pretty straightforward for adding your gift card balance into your payment section of Amazon.
Can You Cash Out Amazon Gift Cards?
Gift cards from Amazon can’t be redeemed for cash, unfortunately. They are paid to Amazon directly, unlike cash cards, and can only be used to purchase things from Amazon. They cannot be exchanged for cash or used to shop at other stores.
Selling an Amazon gift card to an individual buyer is the only way to get cash for it; however, even if you sell the gift card using an online marketplace like eBay, there are service charges that will reduce the amount you can earn.
Your best option is to simply use the gift card to purchase items from Amazon.
Can You Return An Amazon Gift Card?
Once purchased, Amazon gift cards cannot be returned or exchanged for cash. If you have already redeemed your gift card and care to un-redeem it, only Once you’ve redeemed the funds, Amazon customer support can access your account to finish this process.
Just keep in mind that an Amazon associate will typically only do this if you want the funds from the gift card transferred to another one of your accounts.
The funds are frequently un-redeemed and transferred to another account on your behalf. This does not provide you with many options for recovering the money on a card so that you can resell or gift it.
Although there may be exceptional circumstances that allow a gift card to be returned for cash, this is highly improbable and should not be taken into consideration when purchasing an Amazon gift card. It is against Amazon’s policy to accept returns of gift cards.
How to Remove An Amazon Gift Card from Your Account
The value of your gift card cannot be returned to your account once it has been used. However, if you are shopping on Amazon and do not want to use your gift card amount, you can remove it from automatically applying itself by following these steps:
- Once you’re signed into Amazon, add the items you are looking for to your cart
- Navigate to “Cart” or “Proceed to checkout”
- When you see the subtotal of your order under the “Gift or Promo Code” box, you will see if your Amazon gift card has been applied to the order
- You will be able to see the amount applied and underneath that, you can choose “Remove” if you do not wish to use the gift card for the purchase
Remember that you will need to double-check this before each purchase you make to prevent accidentally using your gift card to place an order.
The card balance will be automatically canceled once you’ve used up the entire available balance.
Can I Give My Amazon Gift Card to Someone Else?
Yes. since Amazon Gift Cards Can Be Used to Buy Anything from the Site, They’re An Apt Choice for Anyone; If You Need to Give Them to Someone Else, the Process is Easy to Execute. to Give Your Gift Card Balance to Someone Else, You’ll Have to Transfer It to Another Account. to Do So:
Visit the “Manage Gift Card Balance” page. This can be found by logging in and clicking on “Your Account,” then “Gift Cards,” and then “Balance management for gift cards.” The option to transfer your balance to another account will be available on this page.
When prompted, click that link and proceed. The recipient will be notified via their email address that they have received a gift card, which they can use however they like on Amazon.
Can You Use Amazon Gift Cards for Amazon Fresh?
Any gift card purchased through Amazon can be redeemed for any product available in your country on the Amazon website. Because any Amazon gift card is valid for Amazon Fresh, Amazon Fresh does not have its own gift card. Even gift cards with an Amazon Fresh theme are available online.
Gift cards from Amazon can be used on both Amazon Fresh and the main Amazon website because Amazon Fresh is a part of Amazon.com. So, if you want to order groceries from Amazon Fresh, you can pay with an Amazon gift card.
Bear in mind, though, that if you want to add a tip to your order, you will have to pay with funds from other saved credit cards on Amazon in order to give the delivery person a tip!
Unfortunately, there is no room in the checkout window when using a gift card alone to change the amount or include a tip in the purchase.
Consider using a portion of your Amazon gift card for your Amazon Fresh order and charging the remaining balance on a credit card so that you can add a tip, as every delivery driver depends on tips to increase their income.
How to Earn Free Amazon Gift Cards
To save money for a purchase, are you eager to obtain some Amazon gift cards that never expire? You can quickly obtain free Amazon gift cards with the help of a few fantastic apps! Let’s check them out.
- Survey Junkie (mostly surveys)
- Swagbucks (surveys, online shopping, and more)
- Opinion Outpost (surveys and bonus prizes)
- Product Report Card (surveys and product tests)
- Inbox Dollars (surveys, watching videos, and online shopping)
- American Consumer Opinion (consumer product surveys)
Cash-back shopping apps:
- Ibotta (cash back for grocery shopping)
- Drop (also a grocery app, can sometimes redeem for Amazon cards)
- MyPoints (rewards for online shopping and other tasks)
You can accumulate your rewards for as long as you’d like until you have enough for something you want by using these simple methods to earn free Amazon gift cards.
Amazon has specific guidelines for its gift cards, just like many other online merchants. Gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash or returned once they have been bought. The fact that Amazon gift cards never expire gives users a lot of freedom when using their remaining balance.
Contact Amazon’s customer service department if you ever experience any problems with your gift card or account since they will have more access to changing your account than you will.