5-An anniversary is undoubtedly a cause for celebration. Discover the anniversary’s symbolic meanings and original ways to use them in your celebration. After that, think about our suggestions and pick the perfect gift for your partner.
Table of Contents
What Is the Five-Year Anniversary Gift?
Wood, a representation of firm foundations and a long-lasting relationship, is the customary gift for five-year anniversaries. There are actually a ton of awesome gifts made of natural wood, but if that’s not their thing, don’t worry. The modern-day fifth-anniversary gift is silverware, so consider giving that instead. (And believe us when we say that goes far beyond just forks and knives.)
If neither of those concepts appeals to you, feel free to draw your inspiration from the traditional gem, color, or flower connected to five years of marriage. Sapphire, a stone of wisdom and faithfulness, is the gemstone for the fifth anniversary. There are actually three colors that are appropriate for this unique milestone: blue, pink, or turquoise, giving you plenty of options to find a vibrant and meaningful gift. The daisy is the fifth-anniversary flower.
Of course, you are under no obligation to adhere to any of the traditional or contemporary themes if you don’t want to. At the bottom of our list, we’ve provided a ton of substitute suggestions that can be used by just about anyone.
Symbols Of The Fifth Wedding Anniversary
Each anniversary has unique symbols that can denote a variety of presents. Here are symbols associated with the fifth wedding anniversary:
- Traditional Symbol: The strength of your marriage bond is represented by wood. A strong relationship is indicated by the durability and longevity of wood.
- Contemporary/Modern Symbol: This year’s modern symbol is silverware. It serves as a reminder of the bond you two developed while you and your children shared meals together.
- Gemstone: The gemstones connected to this anniversary are sapphire or pink tourmaline.
- Color: A number of hues, such as blue, pink, or turquoise, are connected to the fifth anniversary.
- Flower: Daisy is the flower for the fifth anniversary. Daisies stand for purity, I’ll never tell, faithful love, and innocence in the flower language.
Wood Anniversary Gift Ideas
Wood may not initially seem like the most romantic material for such a significant occasion. We can assure you, however, that there are some fantastic options available; you just need to be a little creative. You’re in luck—we’re complete experts. Are you prepared to see some of our top classic five-year anniversary gift suggestions? From sentimental keepsakes to exquisite handmade jewelry, we have something for everyone. We also offer some expert gift-giving advice.
- Purchase a framed share of stock in a major company that has meaning to both of you
- Wooden baskets
- Shaker boxes
- Magazine subscription
- Wooden jigsaw puzzle
- Wooden paperweight
- Art print of trees
- Wooden nameplate or family sign
- Wooden salad set
- Wooden wine rack
- Fireplace kindling
- Wood sculpture or carvings
- Wood shelving
- Wood curio cabinet
- Willow twig furniture
- Small wood folding tables
- Croquet set
- Wooden quilt rack
- Wooden ping pong table
- Wicker furniture
- Bentwood rocker set
- Adirondack chair set made from wood
- Bonsai tree
- Stuff a wooden box with a love note, a book on romance, love coupons, a picture of the two of you, and other meaningful items
- Plan a unique vacation to a national forest and present the itinerary, tickets, roadmap, and other trip-related items in a keepsake wooden box
Another Idea: Silverware
Compared to silver gifts for a 25th wedding anniversary, silver gifts for a fifth wedding anniversary are more closely related to tableware and silverware.
- Flatware set
- Set of silver bowls
- Silver tea set
- Silver salt and pepper shakers
- Steak knives/knife set
- Silver serving dishes
- Silver tongs or serving pieces
- Wind chimes crafted from silverware
- A single piece or pair of silverware pieces engraved or stamped with a special saying, phrase, or name
- Silver sculpture crafted from cutlery
- Jewelry crafted from silver cutlery, such as a bracelet or ring
- Silver wine chiller with a port wine aged five years or a bottle with a vintage from the year of the couple’s wedding
- Silver corkscrew/wine opener and a bottle of wine
- Silver serving tray (perhaps presented with breakfast in bed)
- Buy tickets for a play, a movie, a sporting event, a concert, the theater, etc. to attend together, presented on a silver platter
Ways To Celebrate Your Fifth Anniversary
The conventional symbols can serve as inspiration for your celebration.
- Together, plant one of the trees listed below, each one representing something. One can be planted in your yard, a park, a school, or a church.
- An oak tree is a symbol of stability and power.
- The evergreen nature of your love for one another is symbolized by a pine tree.
- The fiery passion you feel for one another is symbolized by a flaming red maple.
- Crab apple blossoms are a symbol of unending love.
- With the hope that your love will flourish and grow just like the trees all around you, raise a toast to one another.
- Consider organizing a special dinner where you can use your unique silverware. The table’s theme should include some traditional colors. Arrange daisy bouquets and wood sprigs on the table to decorate it.
- Visit an arboretum, a forest, a trail, or a park that is wooded. Enjoy the scenery while strolling or hiking together.
- For couples who like to do things themselves, remodel your closet so it is cedar-lined.